H2 article heading
Endodontic therapy (root canal therapy) is the treatment of removing the tooth's pulp to eliminate infection and protect the tooth from future infection. Without treatment, an infection inside the tooth will abscess and can spread to the bone surrounding the tooth and beyond.
Dr. Clausen performs a relatively painless endodontic procedure. We offer anti-anxiety sedation dentistry.
To assure that the is no infection before applying the permanent crown, the root canal procedure maybe spread over a few visits
Root Canal Procedure Time Frame
- Time to complete - 1-3 visits to complete, based on infection and complexity
- The tooth's crown is removed at the top to provide access to the dental pulp
- The pulp and nerves are removed to eliminate and prevent infection
- The cleaned tooth and root canals are then filled with a special material that will preserve the structural integrity of the tooth and help to prevent reinfection
- The tooth is reinforced with posts into the canals and the tooth is sealed with a filling plug
- A temporary dental crown is used to cap the tooth
- A permanent crown is fabricated and replaces temporary crown
Dental Crown Replacement
Dr. Clausen will help you decide on the most appropriate treatment for your comfort and explain your dental crown replacement options.
Dental Implants v. Endodontic therapy Alternative
A dental implant or a removable dental bridge offer patients with alternatives to root canal therapy. A dental implant will provide a more secure anchor for the crown than a dental bridge.
Dr. Clausen can help the patient to decide which treatment is better for their unique situation.